Friday, July 3, 2009

Fabulous Fourth of July Pampering

If you are like me, you probably get really excited about long holiday weekends and the possibilities of long hours of sleeping in, relaxing, and recharging. Instead, you end up spending most of your time catching up on overdue chores, returning phone calls to old friends, running to as many cookouts as you can hit in 72 hours, squeezing in a few moments to shop, and making a to-do list for the next long holiday weekend.

Before you begin your Olympic sprint toward an exhausted and burnt-out Monday morning, I’m challenging you to take a moment to pamper yourself this weekend. Whether it is reading a few chapters in a new book, watching a marathon of your favorite trashy reality show, or sleeping in for a few extra hours, make a vow to create a small window of luxury for yourself over the next few days. Here’s what’s on my list of Fabulous Fourth of July pampering this weekend.



Are You the Bomb?

Growing up, I was the queen of the 25-minute shower and the two-hour bath. You can imagine how well these water-guzzling hobbies went over with my eight other siblings. Now that I have a tub all to myself, I cannot wait to take a long soak with Lush’s bath bomb in Honey Bee. Lush’s bath bombs smell AMAZING and they make your bath water super soft. I’m also addicted to their bath bombs in Butterball and Vanilla Fountain.

For my fellow curvy divas in the DC/MD/VA area, you MUST visit the Lush Store on M St. in Georgetown. You can smell the deliciousness from a mile away. Pure heaven!

A Trip to Paisley Park


I’m a bit of an addict when it comes to collecting sets of jersey sheets for my bed. I just love the feeling of being cuddled by a soft t-shirt. I almost broke out into a mini-praise break when I found this adorable set of pink paisley jersey sheets at Target for...wait for it…$19.99!! Hallelujah!! I’m looking forward to catching a few more zzz’s in these paisley wonders.





The Pampering Bible

If you need more pampering ideas, I highly recommend Debrena Jackson Gandy's Sacred Pampering Principles. This book is full of wonderful and indulgent ideas for pampering your body and your soul. I found this book 11 years ago and I still call it my pampering bible.




Don’t let Sunday night sneak up on you with taking a few moments for yourself. Pamper yourself NOW. Your body will thank you. Have a FABULOUS 4th, ladies!!!

Until next time,
Stay curvy and fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. I love Lush! Their face masks are my new addiction. There's one at Tysons Corner, too.

    ReplyDelete